Washington Township is one of largest townships of Montgomery County and is only 20 minutes away from downtown Cincinnati. It borders the Ohio River and offers panoramic scenic views. Residents of this township pursue a lot of outdoor activities such as; hiking, boating in Ohio River, fishing etc. Keeping this in mind, the Washington township recreational center offers various recreation options for all age groups such as swimming classes, fitness, theater classes, art classes, and much more. The center aims to promote general health and welfare of the residents. Let us look at some of the facilities offered at the recreational center of the township.
Activities at the Washington Township Recreational Center
- Aquatic – The Washington township recreational center offers progressive swimming lessons for all age groups. School children can take lessons on diving while children above 13 years can learn Scuba diving. Apart from this, there are a variety of aquatic fitness classes on offer. Children can be enrolled for different classes’ on the basis of the evaluation done by swim instructors. There is also an option for open swim time for those who just want to have fun in the pool.
- Art Programs – Discover your hidden talent by enrolling yourself for various art classes. The art programs provided by the recreation center in Washington Township are for both youth and adults. Whether you love to paint or just like to make something with clay, the options are many. The instructors work with students to develop their skills, techniques and help them in learning various forms of art.
- Enrichment Center- This program has been specifically designed for the 55 years and above age group. The members can make social connections and participate in various enrichment programs. One can enjoy the activities specifically designed for the age group or just sit and chat around the fireplace with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Members can also enjoy other amenities at the center such as access to fitness center, pool, running track and more.
- Fitness and Wellness – The center provides various fitness programs for both men and women such as yoga, Zumba, cardio exercises, aqua boot camp, and much more. The fitness classes offered by the center focus on improving the overall well-being and quality of life. So, whether you are a beginner or you just want to take your workouts a notch higher, they have something for all.
- Rock Climbing – Challenge your physical strength by climbing the 24ft wall. This activity is open to both children and adults. The task can be done alone, with a group of friends or with family. During the climb, there is always a belayer to help you in the climb.
- Sports classes- The Washington township recreational center offers a variety of sports classes and private lessons for children. These classes aim to teach the basics and help the students to sharpen their skills. One can choose an activity from various options available such as; basketball, volleyball, soccer, floor hockey, lacrosse and flag football. Apart from this, there is a gymnastic class for both boys and girls where kids learn to jump, stretch, roll, leap, balance, and in the process improve their physical fitness.
- Theater classes – These classes’ help children to learn the art performing in front of an audience. Children get introduced to acting, and as they progress with time, they can also participate in group plays. Apart from this, the center also offers private acting and voice lessons to interested candidates.
So, if you want to build-up your strength, fitness, and endurance or want to enhance your skills under professional guidance, these recreational classes in Washington Township are to look out for. These are just a few recreational activities and they have a lot more to offer. Don’t forget to visit their website and check out the timings and other criteria’s before you enroll for any activity or class.